La mia scelta

There are several reasons why I chose this project. Before I found the project I knew I wanted to leave Germany for a while, to get space between me and my usual environment. I wanted to get to know another country and its language and if possible spend my time profitably. I figure doing voluntary work is the perfect way to do so. Especially the guests/ the people with disabilities seem to have fun and enjoy their time with me, so I feel useful. In general I think an ESC is the best way to spend a gap year, because I feel like you can put the focus on other people instead of yourself for the first time, at least that's how I experience it. 
Within the last 5 months I've been here I didn't really have major problems concerning 
work. In the beginning I struggled a lot with the language and still do, but I understand much more so I am getting there. Also I discovered that I am a little shy, which I didn't know I was, because I'm usually very open and not afraid to give a piece of my mind. But with totally new people, a completely new kind of task and a language I don't know very well, I was cowed. I don't think they do it on purpose but sometimes I feel excluded because my colleagues talk a lot among themselves. But I don't want to give a wrong impression, they are all really nice and in general I really like them. Before this volunteering service I've never done something like that. I've never really been in touch with people with disabilities let alone work with them, so I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to be there for them the way the need be to be there for them. But they are very easy and fun to be with.

Commenti

Post più popolari