My solidarity project

Five months ago I started my voluntary service in Milano. In my project I work together with Roma women in a little sewing shop which is called "Taivé". There the women create beautiful crafted items such as potholders, slippers, pencil cases, bags and many more other things. Especially before Christmas we sold a lot of products in different places in Milano. I've helped to sell and our customers love our selection, the quality and the creativity we put into our products. We also have contact with clients in our shop. We offer to repair clothes or to iron them. Many clients come over and over again because they want to support the project. The main goal of Taivé is to help the women to integrate in Italy. They learn how to sew, to interact with clients and to take responsibility for their own work. Most of them work at the shop for two years. Afterwards, they can use their new skills when they apply for another job. Then, other women have the opportunity to work in Taivé. I like most about my project that I have such an amazing work enviroment. Not only am I in Italy, a different culture already, but also to work with people with different cultural backgrounds and origins. I still have several months ahead and hope to get to know them even better. Besides that I learnt how to sew to help with the realization of new products, I decorate our shop window and help with the organization. Many skills which I can also use in my future. Of course not everything is perfect and fine. Being in another country also means that you have to adjust and to speak a foreign language which can be quite challenging. But if you also think that you can grow when you face unknown situations and give your best nonetheless, I think you should consider doing an EVS as well!



Commenti

Post più popolari